What is our Government Services Division?
MDstaffers’ Government Services Division specializes in the management and fulfilment of governmental contracts in our service areas. Our government team is comprised of seasoned, public sector veterans.
Staffing Solutions for All Levels of Government
MDstaffers works with state and local governments nationally to fill critical physician and advanced practitioner vacancies so that patients get expanded access to quality care. Government staffing, contracting, and ongoing administration requires a solid understanding of government at all levels – federal, state, and local. MDstaffers has staff with decades of experience working with government entities and who have a deep grasp of government needs and operations. We have seamless contracting vehicles and procedures, coupled with efficient and reliable systems to administer government staffing contracts.
MDstaffers is the partner of choice for multiple state and local governments, providing physicians and advanced practitioners to facilities ranging from large urban hospitals to smaller outpatient clinics in rural settings. Additionally, MDstaffers has experience in corrections, academic, and traditional clinical settings and we are able to provide staff that excel in each of these environments.
Flexible and Scalable Government Solutions
We understand that government needs, budgets, and schedules vary – and we have the flexibility to meet those needs through our key staffing solutions.
- Permanent Staffing. We work with department leadership to establish a marketing and recruiting plan to identify and place high-quality physicians and advanced practitioners to be employed by the government entity.
- Contracted Staffing. In certain situations, governments want longer-term, turn-key solutions, but are unable to offer permanent placement. MDstaffers can provide contracted staff for long-term assignments—both for regular or intermittent schedules.
- Locum Tenens Staffing. When our clients have temporary or urgent coverage needs due to staff absences or changes in patient volumes, MDstaffers has a deep pool of vetted locums to draw upon and fill your needs quickly. Moreover, when our clients want to hire a locum or contracted staff, we provide a simple and cost-effective path to a permanent placement.
- Recruiting Strategy Development. MDstaffers has a well-developed market understanding through ongoing candidate and client contact. We have access to current salary ranges, benefit offerings, candidate movement and trends, and client/market needs. The combination of these factors allow us to work with governments to shape a comprehensive and on-point recruiting strategy
- Expert Review. We have a strong panel of physician expert witnesses who can provide legal analysis, advice, and case review for government entities nationally. See MDexperts for more detail.
We serve a diverse range of government entities and provide three illustrative examples below:
- A state corrections department had an urgent need for mental health and primary care physicians at a number of rural institutions. MDstaffers worked with leadership to develop a targeted marketing and recruiting approach that resulted in critical positions being filled within weeks. Through our ongoing collaboration and coordination with the client, the client achieved less churn and better stability for staff.
- A state hospital system held a highly competitive purchasing process for locum staffing at multiple statewide institutions. MDstaffers was one of three firms selected from 15 applicants to provide locum primary care and specialist physicians in three state hospitals.
- A university hospital wanted world-class recruiting assistance to find primary care physicians that were well-suited to working in an academic environment. MDstaffers was selected to provide a range of physicians to the institution in multiple facilities.
MDstaffers – Reliable and Trusted Partner
MDstaffers has taken proactive steps to ensure our standing and reputation is second to none. A summary of our approach is listed below:
- Active Corporate Social Responsibility. We pride ourselves in our diversity, our treatment of others, community focus, and environmental impact. For example, we have measures and policies in place to reduce energy use and to foster a paperless workplace, we have actively sought out veterans as employees, and have diverse staff that is representative of the markets we serve.
- Assured Business Compliance. Through internal review and third-party audit we ensure we are appropriately licensed, insured, and adhere to government contracting and accounting requirements.
- System Compliance and Security. MDstaffers IT systems meet the highest standards of IT security and efficiency. All our technology systems follow best practices and are in-line with federal and state security and privacy mandates.
- Rigorous Background Checks. We carefully vet our candidates, undertake primary document review, and work with leading third-party firms to verify qualifications, experience, and work history.
- Sound Ethics: Ethics is a cornerstone and core value for all MDstaffers personnel. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work; and ethics is one of our non-negotiable values.
MDstaffers Contract Vehicles
MDstaffers has a number of master service, statewide, and local contracts for staffing services. We also have the ability to develop detailed proposals, respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Information (RFI) on short notice.
We respond to all suitable requests including, but not limited to, requests for:
- SIC CODE
- 8099 – Health and Allied Services, Not Elsewhere Classified
- NAICS CODE
- 621999 – All Other Miscellaneous Ambulatory Health Care Services
- 561320 – Temporary Help Services
- 621111 – Offices of Physicians (except Mental Health Specialists)
- UNSPSC Classifications
- 85120000 – Medical practice
- 85101601 – Nursing services
- 80111605 – Temporary medical staffing needs
- 80111606 – Temporary medical staffing needs
- 85121501 – Primary care physicians home visits services
- 85121607 – Psychiatrist services
- NIGP CODE
- 96130 – Employment Agency and Search Firm Services (Including Background Investigations and Drug Testing for Employment)
- 96269 – Personnel Services, Temporary
What to know more?
Contact us at either:
- Email: GovSvs@MDstaffers.com
- Telephone: (866) 907-8233
Sacramento, California – MDstaffers was recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the nation’s top 20 Largest Physician-Staffing Companies—coming in at number 14 on the